CBD Oil in Skincare Products
If you are just learning about CBD skincare and would like to know its benefits, or you are having a hard time deciding what CBD product to use as a facial moisturizer then this article is for you.
The astute skincare industry was very quick to jump into the latest trends, and with an overall projects sales of $25 billion by 2025, its no wonder why CBD is the rising star being featured their “key ingredient”. Cosmetic companies are infusing CBD into everything from eyeliner, to facial moisturizers and then spending Millions of dollars in marketing campaigns to lure you in with enticing shiny CBD labels.
The industries research teams are exploring the benefits of CBD for all different skin types and conditions. They are experimenting with skincare formulas and have already rolled out a variety of products, including moisturizers, anti-aging creams, serums, cleansers, face mist, etc. Most of which can be found on a big box shelf or big box online store.
As a industry leader & pioneer of organic CBD products, we agree with skincare companies, that CBD can be beneficial for skin care. Where we disagree however is infusing products versus just keeping it simple by applying a high quality tincture
Pure CBD Oil & Cream VS. CBD-Infused Skincare Products
According to Grand View Research, the global skincare segment for CBD infused products has grown from USD 234.1 million in 2018 to a growth expectancy of 32.9% by 2025 or about $540 million. This means that more people have recognized the benefits of CBD and are more welcoming of the idea of having it in their personal care products.
We suspect the reasons for this is aggressive advertising, marketing gimmicks, tall promises, and misinformation. After all, trends only last so long and the sell-it-while-it’s-hot mentally is prevailing in all things beauty.
It’s hard to resist the tempting shiny labels and overly advertised ad copy from CBD-infused skincare products. Their message usually implies that you’ll get faster and better results because they contain a high concentration of CBD, that their “advanced formulas” will transform your skin.
If you are looking to enjoy the full benefits of CBD skincare, then a high-quality CBD tincture or cream is your best bet. Using tinctures and transdermal creams from a reputable hemp dispensary beats CBD-infused skincare products because:
- They are suitable for all skin types
- They are less likely to cause an allergic reaction because there are no additives
- Plus gram for gram they are budget-friendly
- A little bit will go along way with the highly potent formulas
Benefits of CBD Oil For Face Care
- Fights acne: Acne is usually caused by excess sebum production, slow cell turnover rate, clogged pores, the action of bacteria Cutibacterium acnes, and inflammation. CBD oil is a non-comedogenic oil that prevents acne breakouts by regulating the action of sebocytes (the cells responsible for sebum production) and balancing oil production in the skin. Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it also helps inhibit microbial action that may trigger infections or acne. Lastly, CBD oil helps to soothe inflammation. By confronting the pathogenic steps of acne without drying or irritating the skin, CBD oil proves to be a better alternative to popular acne treatments such as acids, peroxides, and retinoids.
- Soothes inflammation: CBD does wonders for sensitive and inflamed skin, and it is helpful in the treatment of psoriasis, rosacea, dermatitis, and eczema. By binding to and interacting with the endocannabinoid receptors of the skin, CBD oil soothes inflammation, pain and itch, and supports homeostasis in the skin.
- Targets signs of aging: You can look younger with CBD — It helps restore and maintain the skin’s elasticity and slows down collagen loss. Also, CBD works to shrink enlarged pores to give the skin a visible taut, firm appearance and balances oil production to maintain the skin’s glow and youthful look.
- CBD has antioxidant properties that enable it to scavenge free radicals caused by prolonged exposure to UV light, environmental pollutants, and unhealthy habits (smoking and alcohol consumption) that may cause cell degeneration and premature aging.
- Repairs damaged skin: Not only is CBD able to heal chronic pain in and outside the body, but it can also repair external damage caused to the skin. CBD helps stimulate and support the skin’s natural healing process so it can heal quickly from damage caused by sun exposure, chemical irritants, acne, or dryness. Even better, consistent usage of CBD oil will naturally lighten any resulting scars or blemishes.
- Rejuvenates dull and dry skin: CBD helps rejuvenate thirsty, dull, and tired skin. You can stop your skin from losing its moisture, radiance, and integrity by using a CBD oil or cream — It will help lock in moisture all day long while strengthening your skin barrier to prevent moisture loss. With CBD, you won’t have to deal with itchy, cracked, flaky, or irritated skin.
How To Use CBD Oil & Cream As Facial Moisture
If it is your first time using CBD oil as a facial moisturizer, consider mixing it with a non-comedogenic carrier oil in a 2:1 ratio. Non-comedogenic carrier oils include grapeseed oil, hemp seed oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, argan oil, and sweet almond oil. Or you can apply 2-4 drops of CBD oil directly and gently massage it into your skin.
Use the CBD cream in the morning to give your skin some extra hydro boost and the oil to nourish your skin with essential fatty acids that’ll help it recover from oxidative stress. You can wear CBD oil or cream under your makeup. And use it as a makeup remover at the end of the day.
Research is key to finding quality products
The Food and Administration (FDA) does not regulate cosmetic products containing CBD or CBD in general. There is no law or system to check the shortcomings or excesses of the growing CBD skincare market.
Established dispensaries are self-regulating and provided detailed certified laboratory reports showing the breakdown of cannabinoids in their products. The beauty market doe’s not provide that information to it’s customers. So unless you have a laboratory in your basement, you can’t ascertain the dose of CBD (or any ingredient at all) or detect the presence of any psychoactive components like Delta-9 THC in any CBD-infused skincare product.
Many CBD skincare brands are not forthcoming about their ingredient list, much less the dose of CBD it contains. A 2017 study published in the Journal of American Medical Association exposed the inaccurate labeling of some selected CBD-infused products purchased online. Out of the 84 different consumer products tested, 26% of them contained less CBD than the label suggested, while the others contain much higher doses that could irritate the skin.
Yes, the research examined only a sampling from what is an endless line of suppliers entering the market. But it gives some insight into the insincerity and potential negligence of the beauty industry.
We suggest you visit your local dispensary and talk with the bud-tenders to find a product will work for you and your budget. Choosing to use quality CBD oil from an established hemp dispensary is smart because you have experts to help you. Plus it makes your buying decision easier because you won’t be tempted by the flashy marketing rhetoric.
If you are looking for natural and effective ways to improve your skin health and want to take the confusion out making a purchase. Then using high-quality CBD oil or cream is the way to go. It is packed with skin-loving fatty acids, phytonutrients, flavonoids, and antioxidants that penetrate deep into the skin barrier to seal in moisture and deliver nourishment, protection, balance, and healing. And it is safe for use directly on the skin. Plus it’s more friendly on your purse.
CBD Oil 1000MG Natural Flavor$61.00
CBD OIL 2000MG NATURAL FULL SPECTRUM$91.00
CBD Oil 3000MG NATURAL$117.00
2500mg Lemon-Aid CBD Oil$87.00
Hemp CBD Cream for Pain 1000mg$75.00
CBD Pain Cream 2000mg$150.00
Daily Dose 2500mg Lemon CBD Oil$3.00
Delta-8 Watermelon Slice (10pk)$25.95